Young Investigator Forum
Egyptian Society of Cardiology
Young Investigator Forum (YIF)
The EgSC announces the establishment of the “Young Investigator Forum”; a collaboration o f young cardiology specialists who are interested in the development and advancement of cardiovascular research.The forum consists of a gathering of cardiovascular specialists from Egyptian Universities and major cardiology centers working together under the auspices of the EgSC.
- Gathering of appropriately qualified cardiologists (young and active in cardiovascular research) initiated by the EgSC.
- Its activities will be focused on advancement of cardiovascular research and research-related sciences.
- To stimulate the production of quality research. To encourage the involvement in basic science research in addition to or as a part of clinically-oriented projects.
- To encourage the presentation and exchange of research ideas and results of research work between peer workers in different centers.
- To establish a database of cardiovascular research activities in Egypt.
- To recognize and appraise eminent research work and international publications originating in Egypt.
- To facilitate multicenter collaboration in research projects.
- To foster the acquaintance and good relationship between young cardiologists in different medical centers.
- To encourage innovative and creative research in an effort to open the way for original Egyptian-made ideas, concepts and cardiovascular products.
Activities : Started since October 2010
- Construction of module of YIF inside the EgSc website .
Bimonthly meeting for presenting and discussing research projects from two cardiology centers in Egyptian universities and institutes.
Three bimonthly meetings were organised till now ,1st one in Ain shams university 15th Jan.2011and two research projects were discussed ( Dr. Ahmed Abdallah and Dr Ayman Saleh presented a long-term registry of peripheral arterial disease patients. This work has been collected from NHI and Ain Shams Universities, Dr Mahmoud Kamel from Menofya University then presented a multicenter clinical trial (ATLAS ACS-2 TIMI-51) in which the Cardiology Department at Menofya participated. The study design was discussed and several valuable comments were generated particularly in terms of applicability of such designs in our local circumstances). 2nd one organized in Assuit university (Assiut project...... Optimization of acute and chronic care for patients with acute myocardial infarction: MISSION-ASSIUT , 2nd session:Minia Project …. Role of autoimmunity in idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy and effects of statin therapy) 3rd bimonthly meeting organized by NHI in 11 May 2011 , two projects from NHI ( primary PCI ) and Alazhar university ( MSCT) presented and discussed .
- Educational courses for sciences of research ( e.g Statistics for Clinicians course) by Prof.Ahmad Hassouna
- Construction of data base for cardiology researches done in all cardiology centers all over Egypt.
- Organization of sessions for YIF in meetings organized by EgSC
- Grants for training programme .
Invitations to join YIF to all candidates fulfilling the following criteria :
- Age : less than 40 years
- Prepar ing master or doctorate degree of cardiology
- Fellowship of cardiology
Forum Administration Team (FAT) for 2 years.
Forum Chairman (FC)
Prof. Sherif El Tobgi
Forum Secretary (FS)
Dr.Amir Abdelwahab (Cairo University)
Forum Presentations Manager (FPM)
Prof.Mohamad Oraby (Suez Canal University)
Forum Researches Manager (FRM)
Dr. Mohamed Ghaleb (ASR , Cairo)
Forum Web Managers (FWM)
Dr.ELSayed Farag ( Zagazig University)
Dr.Ahmad Taha (Zagazig University)
|Forum Courses Manager (FCM): Dr.Mohamed Sadaka ( Alexandria University)|
|Forum Meetings Manager (FMM): Prof.Islam Shawky (ALAzhar University)|
Features of Research Grant offered by EgSC:
- It will be offered to cardiology department to support research project of cardiovascular medicine in one of Egyptian medical centers.
- Grant's recipients must be preparing master degree or doctorate degree in cardiology.
- Duration of the grant is 2 years with an amount of 200,000 Egyptian pounds .
1st Bimonthly Meeting Presentations
4th Bimonthly Meeting Presentations
Comparison between Endothelial Progenitor Cell Capture & Bare Metal Stents in Coronary Artery Disease Patients at High Risk for Instent Restenosis & Thrombosis
Combined Assessment of Coronary Anatomy & Myocardial Perfusion Using 64-MSCT in Coronary Artery disease Patients
Comments on the paper entitled: Comparison between Endothelial progenitor cell capture and Bare metal stents in coronary artery disease patients at high risk for instent restenosis and thrombosis; El Elnaggar & coll.; Alexandria 14/7/2011.
Comments on MD thesis: “Combined assessment of coronary anatomy and myocardial perfusion using 64‐slice computed tomography in coronary artery disease patients”; Dr. Fatema Alzahraa, Presented in Alexandria at 14/7/2011